The DPM-7700 is Barco's latest graphics display server that allows ATC application servers to be separated from the controller working position. DPM-7700 acts as a high-performance networked graphics device for distributed systems and combines the latest graphics processing and computing performance into a compact, fanless package.
With the DPM-7700 as a separate display server, there is no longer a need for graphics generation on the application computer. This separation between graphics server and application computer offers a number of advantages:
- The application computer’s overall performance increases and more advanced system architectures become possible. The application server is fully dedicated to compute-only operations since graphics controllers and input device interfaces are not required.
- The space required for the controller working position can be organized more efficiently. The application server can even be placed in an equipment room hundreds of meters away.
- The split between graphics – application allows for more cost-efficient, spread investments. Upgrades of the application server can be done without changing any other part of the system.
- High performance X11 and GLX graphics capability
- Fanless design and solid state storage for noiseless operation
- Fast boot, very low maintenance and high reliability for highest up time
- Multiple copper/fiber 1Gb network connections
(primary and back-up system)
- Drives two displays, up to 4MP per display (optionally drives four displays)
- Designed for air traffic control applications, with specific monitor and control possibilities and customizable booting and configuration options
- Supports Barco's Tellar display recording software with either local or networked archiving
- Uses open interface standards (network, X11 protocol, etc) for platform and OS independence
- Project specific customizations possible